How to Setup Email in Outlook Express (using IMAP)
Setting Up Your POP or IMAP Email Address in MS Outlook Express
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook Express 6 to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook Express 6, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook Express®. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook Express by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook Express
1. In Microsoft Outlook Express, from the Tools menu, select Accounts.
2. Go to the Mail tab and from the Add menu, select Mail.
3. In the Display Name field, enter you full name and click Next.
4. In the E-mail address field, enter your email address and click Next.
5. On the E-mail Server Names page, complete your information as follows:
My incoming mail server is a : IMAP
Incoming mail (POP3) server : mail.yourdomainname.com
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server : mail.yourdomainname.com
6. In the Account Name and Password fields, enter your email address and password, and then click Next.
7. On the setup confirmation page, click Finish.
8. On the Mail tab, select the account you just created, and then click Properties.
9. Go to the Servers tab.
10. Select My server requires authentication, and then click Apply.
11. Go to the Advanced tab.
12. In the Server Port Numbers section, change Outgoing mail (SMTP) to 587, and then click OK. We want to keep a copy of email messages in our server. Therefore, in the Delivery section, select (please tick) Leave a copy of messages on server.
Your Outlook Express account is now set up. Click Close to close the Internet Accounts window and return to your Outlook Express.
Was this answer helpful?
If you are having trouble sending email, it is probably due to the auth scheme needed to allow...
" Domain has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (50%)) allowed. Message...
SETTING UP EMAIL CLIENT FOR SMTP PROXY OR USING PORT 587 Outlook express 1.Start Outlook...
Setting Up Your POP or IMAP Email Address in MS Outlook ExpressThis tutorial shows you how to set...